Tehsil Municipal Administration Mandi Bahaudddin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History | Important Places | Industry | Picture Gallery
Important Places

Canal View park (Near District Complex)

     

     

      

     

 

          

Beautiful Views of New Rasul Barriage  

Rasul Barrage is a barrage on the River Jehlum in Mandi Bahauddin District of the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is situated 72 km downstream of Mangla Dam. Rasul Barrage is used to control water flow in the River Jhelum for irrigation and flood control purposes. Rasul Barrage was constructed in 1968 and has a discharge capacity of 24070 cubic meter per second.[1] Water is diverted from this point to Chenab River at Qadirabad through Rasul-Qadirabad link canal, then ultimately transferred to Sulemanki Barrage on the Sutlej River. Rasul-Qadirabad link canal has the second largest water discharge capacity after Chashma-Jhelum link canal. It has 538-m/s discharge capacity while Chashma-Jhelum link canal has 615-m/s capacity.

A View of Rasul Barrage

Waterway

Jhelum River

Country

Pakistan

State

Punjab

Maintained by

Punjab Irrigation Department

Operation

Hydraulic

First built

1968

Length

975 meters (3,201 ft)

Width

17 meters (56 ft)

Fall

6 meters (20 ft)

Above sea level

250 meters (820 ft)

 

 Beautiful Views of OLD Rasul Barrage

           

 

 Beautiful Views of Pathar Koothi,Rasul

           

 

 

GCT Rasul

The Goernment College of Technology, Rasul abbreviated to GCT  Rasul) was established in 1873 in Oriental College Lahore under the Punjab University by inducting only Surveyor class. In 1885, this class was shifted to Mayo School of Arts (Now N.C.A.) Lahore. In 1906 School of Engineering was established in the same Campus. When it was realized that the space for Practical Training is not sufficient there, It was shifted to its present Campus at Rasul Distt. M.B.Din. Up to 1962, the Institute was functioning under the control of PWD. In 1962 the Institute was placed under Technical Education Department and a 3 year diploma in Civil Technology was introduced. At that time the Institute was named as Govt. School of Engineering. In 1972 it was upgraded as College of Technology. Since 1999 The Institute has been functioning under TEVTA. The College has an honor of training about 24000 Technical Manpower for the Country.

 

 

Milad Choke ,Ghala Mandi,Mandi Bahauddin

 

 

Government Post Graduate College

Mandi Bahauddin

 

 

Government (MB) High School

School Mohallah,Mandi Bahauddin

            

       

Sadar Gate (MBDin)

 
Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 TMA Mandi Bahaudddin, Pakistan. All rights reserved.